Our smart and efficient electronic remittance network enables you to send money to India without hassles. If you are remitting funds to any bank in India, we can remit your funds faster due to the state-of-the-art tech network we have in India.
The remittance can be sent via S.W.I.F.T. (electronically) at a very reasonable cost.
Our exchange rates are also attractive.
An euivalent amount in Euro (plus applicable charges as below) may be paid in cash at our counter. For depositing cash for remittance, your Personal Identity Card (Passport or Personalausweis issued by Government) in original may kindly be brought. If the amount remitted is EUR 1.000 or above, kindly bring satisfactory evidence regarding source of the funds. The above details are obtained to meet the requirements of local laws. Remitter’s own bank account statement submitted as source of fund is acceptable only if the amount to be remitted is present as a withdrawal in his/her bank statement on any of the previous 5 Bank working days.
NON-CASH Remittance Request
If you would like to remit the amount online favouring State Bank of India Frankfurt branch and later provide remittance instruction, please follow the procedure as mentioned below.
Mandatory One Time Registration
- Please download the form and fill up your personal and Bank account details
- Please send us the filled up form to the below mentioned address along with copies of your passport, address proof, one passport size photo and VISA copy, if applicable, attested by your bank from where you would be remitting the amount or by the Einwohnermeldeamt(Registration Office) in your region.
- We would assign you a customer number and send you a letter at your address as soon as we receive your documents.
- Please mention your customer number provided by us in the purpose (Verwendungszweck) column of your money transfer request to us
Before transferring the funds please submit remittance instruction to us either by post / courier / by hand with full details of the remittance proposed to be made i.e.
- Your Customer number provided by us
- Name and address of beneficiary and his / her account number
- Name of beneficiary's bank, name of the branch and IFSC code, if other than SBI
- Amount to be remitted
- Currency in which the remittance is to be made
- Your address and telephone number
- Purpose of transfer (including the customer number provided by us)
Please mention your customer number provided by us and the purpose of payment in the purpose of payment column (Verwendungszweck) of your money transfer request to us.
As you can see, in your interest, we take sufficient care to take correct information from you to avoid delay or wrong transmission of funds.
Our Competitive charges
Flat € 15 upto € 5000. Above € 5000, 0.1% of the amount to be remitted, plus €10. e.g. €16 for € 6000, € 17 for € 7000.For more details, please contact:
Mr. Neeraj Mathew Joseph
Assistant Vice President(Private Clients)
State Bank of India
Mainzer Landstrasse 61
D-60329, Frankfurt Am Main
please click here for e-mail
Please note that foreign remittances of Euro 12500 and above are required to be reported by you (sender) to Deutsche Bundesbank. For further information on reporting requirements, please contact the toll-free hotline of Deutsche Bundesbank at (08 00) 1 23 41 11.